Looking for the perfect treat? This combination of fresh cream, strawberries and mint is a fresh dessert that is sure to be a hit!
Hydrogrow is focused on helping you get the most out of your herbs from the comfort of your home, and this recipe focuses on mint which is rich in nutrients and improves brain function. Strawberries are also packed with vitamins, fiber, and particularly high levels of antioxidants so why not try this recipe out to jump start your week.
For 2 people (double for 4)
- 45g strawberry jelly crystals
- 225 ml boiling water
- 250g strawberries
- 250g cups single cream
- 100g cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 30g mint leaves
1. Let's begin! Wash and cut half the strawberries into small slices.
2. Prepare the strawberry jelly by mixing the crystals into boiling water and dividing the mixture between two glasses. Place the sliced strawberries in the jelly mixture and leave it in the refrigerator to set.
3. To make the whipped cream add the caster sugar, cream and vanilla essence into a bowl. Use an electric mixer to whip the cream still stiff peaks form and set aside.
4. To prepare the strawberry cream, place the other half of the strawberries to a blender and make a smooth puree. Mix together the pureed strawberries and half of the whipped cream.
5. When the jelly is set, top it with the strawberry cream. Add scoops of the whipped cream and decorate with mint leaves to finish.