Welcome back to our recipe series! Today we are bringing you a twist on a pasta classic with basil pesto. This is a super easy midweek dinner recipe sure to impress your friends and family.
Basil is one of the oldest herbs known to the mankind, and the oils present in the herb has many medicinal properties. From healthy gut to stronger immunity, benefits of basil leaves are quite vast! 🌿
Naturally low in fat, free of carbs, and lactose-free, Parmigiano-Reggiano has plenty of health benefits. Parmesan cheese is a good source of protein and fat. It's rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium and vitamin A! 🧀
Recipe for 2 (double for 4)
- 300g fresh potato gnocchi
- 1–2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs Basil Pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 2 tsp Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Fresh Basil leaves for garnish
1. Let's begin! Put add water to a heavy based pot, salt generously and put on high heat to boil.
2. Once the water is boiling, add your gnocchi and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the pasta rises to the top of the water.
3. Drain your fresh pasta and heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
4. Add the gnocchi to the the pan in a single layer, leave undisturbed for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Turn and cook, tossing occasionally until golden all over (about 2 minutes).
6. Add Basil Pesto and the heavy cream to the pan and stir until a desired creamy consistency of the sauce is formed.
7. Serve the gnocchi on two plates and garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves for vibrant colour and taste to your dish.