Want to reduce your meat consumption without sacrificing flavour? Why not try this roasted cauliflower steak with fresh herbs submitted by Poppy (@platesandpoppy) to our new online recipe book. This recipe is completely vegan and super easy to whip up, so let's get started!
- 1 Sweet Potato - 1 Bulb of garlic + 1 extra clove. - 1 Cauliflower. - 2 tbsp Parsley
- 2 tbsp vegan butter - 1 1/2 tsp miso - 1/4 cup soy cream - 1/4 cup olive oil
- Handful of Rocket - 2-3 Radishes - 3 Asparagus - 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 8-10 sage leaves - extra oil for cooking
1. Start by microwaving your sweet potato to soften and wrap in tin foil.
2. Cut the head off your garlic, season and wrap in tinfoil. Roast both at 200C far for 40 minutes.
3. Cut your cauliflower into steaks!
4. Melt your butter and mix with minced garlic cloves, chopped parsley and 1/2 tsp of miso and spread over the cauliflower
5. Use a mandolin to slice radish discs and asparagus ribbons, also get some oil nice and hot and fry your sage leaves for 30 seconds until crispy (then set aside).
6. Blend your roasted sweet potato and garlic with vegan cream, olive oil, salt and pepper to make a puree.
7. Serve the puree first, topping with your rocket and cauliflower. Garnish with radish. asparagus head and ribbons, pomegranate seeds, and crispy sage!